BetterCloud is the market leader for SaaS Operations, enabling IT professionals to transform their employee experience, maximize operational efficiency, and centralize data protection. With no-code automation enabling zero touch workflows, thousands of forward-thinking organizations like HelloFresh, Oscar Health and Square now rely on BetterCloud to automate processes and policies across their cloud application portfolio.
With 10+ years experience pioneering the SaaS Operations movement, BetterCloud now serves the world’s largest community of SaaSOps experts. As host of Altitude, the industry’s leading SaaSOps event and publisher of The State of SaaSOps Report, the category’s definitive market research, BetterCloud is recognized by customers (G2) and leading analyst firms (Gartner and Forrester) as the market leader in SaaS Operations Management.
This role is based out of our new and exciting Mexico City Office. Mexico City is our first office outside of the US, and you’ll be one of the first employees there, helping us build the office from scratch and shape an amazing culture. We’re headquartered in New York City, with a large presence in Atlanta, GA, as well as innovation hubs & remote talent across the U.S. BetterCloud is backed, among others, by some of the best technology investors Vista Equity Partners, Warburg Pincus, Bain Capital, and Accel.
We’re looking for a seasoned software engineering leader who loves to build, lead, and mentor highly functioning development teams. The ideal candidate has spent is well-versed in software development best practices including Agile methodologies and API standards, has prior management experience over professionals responsible for business critical software delivery and is a strong practitioner in partnering with business teams to deliver business outcomes.
- 7+ years experience building/enabling enterprise level software solutions
- 2+ years (most recently) leading/managing development teams
- A solid understanding of Scrum or Scaled Agile and how to apply their respective practices in a pragmatic way
- Ability to work with other stakeholders - product management, product design, and product operations / project management - to break down epics into manageable chunks that can then be executed on by your teams
- Collaborate with other business stakeholders including Customer Success, Sales, Finance and Security
- Mentor and coach software engineers of various levels of experience
- Manage a high performing team of 5-10 individuals, with a focus on developing their talents and passions
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative way across functions
- Proficiency in delivering highly performant, scalable, extensible, maintainable, secure software as part of a larger technology solution integrating seamlessly with other parts of the solution
- English is the business language of BetterCloud. Candidates are required to have a Toefl proficiency or equivalent.
- Ability to travel to our offices in the United States
- Willingness to work out of our Mexico City Office at least 3 days per week
What You’ll Do:
- Acts as a mentor, leader, and manager for the software engineers on their team.
- Works with their team members to find their strengths and passions, and use them to build a career path
- Ensures optimal performance of the team following performance management guidelines and ensuring the team is meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Builds a tight relationship with other stakeholders. Works with those stakeholders to develop the roadmap for their team and then execute against the roadmap.
- Collaborates with architects and technical leaders across engineering, security, and operations to help define, evangelize, and achieve the overall technical vision of BetterCloud.
- As a continuous delivery advocate, constantly look for ways to make your team more efficient. Embrace KPIs like cycle time, predictability, and defect removal efficiency and treat them as tools we can use to improve.
- Acts as a coach and cheerleader for your team. Attend sprint planning meetings to ensure everyone understands and buys into the goal the team is looking to accomplish and help remove any impediments that may be in their way. You celebrate wins! You look for learning opportunities and future prevention in the misses.
By the end of week 1, you will:
- Meet with your onboarding buddy
- Set up meet-and-greets with stakeholders and management peers
- Learn how the Engineering teams are organized
- Set up and conduct one-on-ones with your team members
By the end of 30 days, you will:
- Be familiar with the product(s) your team will be supporting
- Review and assist in defining our roadmap
- Learn how BetterCloud plans, defines, and executes against our roadmap
- Ensure your team has access to the tools/systems they need and have clear expectations/priorities
- Have a solid relationship with your Product Manager and collaborate with them on roadmap activities
What We Offer
- Hybrid work model with up to 2 days per week working from home*
- Generous PTO policy plus paid mental health days
- Seguro de Gastos Médicos Mayores, Seguro de Asistencia Médica, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance and dedicated mental health resources**
- Financial wellness support and one-time WFH stipend
- Plus more… Think events, killer swag, and a strong BetterCloud Community!
At Bettercloud, we believe that our employees' gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, religion, origin, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, age and other characteristics enrich our corporate culture and our workplace. That’s why we have a mission to foster a culture at BetterCloud that empowers, celebrates, and values our differences allowing us to bring our true self to work. DEI&B is core to who we are and what we do. From an employee-led Diversity Council empowering our differences, to multiple Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) creating a strong sense of belonging, to frequent outside speakers focusing on DEI&B topics, our commitment to DEI&B is non negotiable. Bettercloud is an equal opportunity employer and will continue to empower, celebrate and value our differences in order to grow community, safety and trust in our work environment. Join us and be part of an organization that celebrates and respects diversity. If you are interested in knowing more about our DEIB efforts, please visit our website: https://www.bettercloud.com/diversity/
*Remote - This role is not eligible for remote employees. Employees must be based in the Mexico City area.
** These benefits will be available shortly after the company has 10+ employees in Mexico City due to insurance limitations and rates. Until that point, employees will be provided with a monthly allowance on top of their salary for these purposes.