Product Development Associate (Licensing) - Hybrid -NYC
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2011 by Amy Jain and Daniella Yacobovsky Fiala, BaubleBar has quickly become an industry leader in the accessories space. Taking their motto of “Embellish Every Day” quite literally, the brand has consistently aimed and succeeded at ensuring every customer can express themselves with ease.
While the company got its start creating fashion jewelry, they knew that their cheerful and unique vision could go so much further. Since then, BaubleBar’s assortment has expanded to include fine jewelry, hair and tech accessories, as well as home décor.
In addition, BaubleBar has launched major partnerships with some of the most recognizable brands in the world, including Disney, the NBA, and the NFL.
The brand is available on BaubleBar.com and in over 300 premier retailers globally, including Nordstrom, Bloomingdale’s, Neiman Marcus, ULTA, Harvey Nichols, and Revolve. BaubleBar’s exclusive line at Target, SUGARFIX by BaubleBar, is found at every Target location across the U.S.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
BaubleBar is currently seeking a Product Development Associate to join our team. You will be responsible for coordinating and maintaining the day-to-day development procedures for both current and new jewelry and accessories with a focus on our Licensed products under the direction of the Product Development Manager. The Product Development Associate works with the Product Development team to learn the entire product development process from initial design through prototype development and bulk production. As our PD Associate, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with merchandising, design, as well as production, and communicate with our factories daily. This position requires close attention to styling, assortment, timing and pricing.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- Own the A-Z product development for in-house jewelry and accessories product
- Communicates design, material and details to vendors and ensure samples are ready for market meetings
- Collect and monitor the development and production schedules, ensuring individual and team calendar deadlines are met
- Support the Product Development management in cost engineering and margin management
- Be a point person for all licensing requirements for product and processes to help guide cross functional teams accordingly
- Own the preparation of seasonal milestone meetings with cross functional team.
- Assist in the creation of renderings, tech packs, and design modifications
- Support in weekly meetings with merchandising/design teams and assist in communicating the required actions with the vendor
- Bring a high level of creativity, attention to detail and efficiency while working under tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously
- Be enthusiastic about expanding your skill set and working on a broad range of projects
- Stay knowledgeable about industry standards and trends
- Collaborate with design to address construction issues on a style level
- Ensure accuracy of information in lifecycle management software
- Work onsite in our Manhattan office 5 days per week
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in fashion merchandising or related degree preferred
- 3+ years of accessories and/or jewelry development experience required. Licensing experience a big plus
- An expert in accessory and jewelry materials and factory best practices and capabilities
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator
- Highly organized with tremendous attention to detail
- Levelheaded and proactive in problem solving
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of all work within a fast-paced environment
- Strong sense of fashion
- Someone who truly LOVES creating amazing product at the right price, whose passion is evident in their work and who has a great sense of humor and outlook on life
- Documentation of fully vaccinated status for COVID-19