Operations Intern (Madrid)
AZA Finance is an established provider of currency trading and cross-border payment solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology in our flagship products, AZA Finance significantly lowers the cost and increases the speed of business payments to, from and across frontier markets.
Our digital products provide both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via a robust API solution while our Web-Based platform provides over the counter B2B services to organisations with wholesale currency needs. Our partners utilise our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks, mobile money operators and payments aggregators across Africa.
Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA Finance is a market-maker in every major African currency. AZA Finance was founded in 2013 and now has offices in Nairobi, Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Kampala, Accra, Durban, Johannesburg, and Dakar.
The AZA Finance internship program is a year-long professional learning experience that offers meaningful and real world exposure to students, especially 3rd year university students taking a gap year, final year students and newly qualified graduates in their field of study or career interest. This is an opportunity for students and fresh graduates to gain hands-on experience in the fintech industry.
As an Operations Intern, you’ll work collaboratively between the People Operations and Planning & Operations departments. You will support matters relating to human resources and business processes.
You will learn how we solve problems across departments to support the company’s growth in an incredibly competitive global market.
Our Operations Division sits at the intersection of several functions of the business, including Trading, Engineering, Revenue, Compliance, Finance, and more. With this unique, holistic perspective, interns are able to see how all aspects of the organization interact with each other, getting a comprehensive overview of our business.
This is a full-time position within our Operations Division, however, as part of your training, you will benefit from our Rotational Development Program, where you will spend some time learning from leaders in other departments of the company.
This position is open to candidates in Spain and will require in-office presence at least 2 days a week (the office is located in the city center of Madrid).
Our internship program offers:
- On-the-job training.
- Opportunities to identify transferable skills.
- Confidence building.
- The assignment of challenging projects and tasks.
- Projects that complement academic programs and/or career interests.
- Broad exposure to the organisation.
- Adequate, reliable, and regular supervision and mentoring.
- The opportunity to establish a professional network.
- Industry relevance.
- Real-life experience.
- Support internal and external Operations related activities or requests;
- Assist with maintaining employee experience and engagement programs and initiatives;
- Assist in facilitating the onboarding of new employees;
- Periodic review and update of documents;
- Work closely and collaboratively with cross-functional departments;
- Provide support for learning and development programs;
- Office management and Administrative support;
- Managing payments for the office utilities & liaising with vendors;
- Maintaining Assets logs and looking after company equipment;
- Basic IT support (training to be provided);
- Receiving and dispatching deliveries (letters, equipment, gifts);
- Performing ad-hoc administrative duties;
- Candidates who have either graduated in the last year, are enrolled in a relevant area of study or currently on track to graduate in 2025 are eligible;
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Good knowledge of the Spanish labour and employment laws as it relates to social security, health, safety, employee relations and special employment relationships;
- Good written and verbal communication skills in the English & Spanish language;
- Proficient with Gmail, Google Docs, and Google Calendar;
- Extremely organized, strong attention to detail, and process-oriented;
- High degree of respect for confidentiality and sensitivity;
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently within a fast-paced global environment;
- Great career development opportunities in a fast-growing Fintech Company.
- Ownership: All team members are empowered to bring ideas and make a difference in a dynamic and casual work environment.
- 24 days statutory paid annual leave in addition to local public holidays - in compliance with your local labour laws, plus an extra day off for birthdays and days off for Christmas/New Year break.
- Company funded private medical insurance: dental, medical, and optical services coverage based on your jurisdiction.
- Mentorship & buddy program.
- Complimentary breakfast, snacks & drinks.
- Team building and happy hours events.
- Employee mental health support.
- Employee referral program.
AZA Finance is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA Finance does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.