Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage startup dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We're hiring an Associate, Events to join our award-winning events team!
Why it matters: We need an Associate with events experience who can manage event materials, client facing documents and multiple front-of-house and back-of-house tasks on-site at events and in a virtual environment. This person will collaborate across the events team to research and build highly curated guest lists, track event analytics, support the creative team with creation and design of event elements (including signage creation, deck creation, etc) and perform relevant administrative tasks.
Go deeper: This role has operational responsibilities and will often work on multiple, concurrent virtual or in-person events while moving at a fast pace.
The details: Ideal candidates will embody an entrepreneurial spirit, a passion for Axios’ mission and have the following skills:
- 2+ years of professional experience
- Events experience is required
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Outstanding written and verbal communication, organizational, and time management skills
- Flexible with a proven ability to think critically in high pressure situations
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Positive, collaborative attitude
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Familiarity with event marketing platforms (i.e. Splash and Sailthru)
- Experience with Adobe Suite products is a plus
- Event marketing experience is a plus
- Project management software experience is a plus (i.e. Wrike)
- Ability and excitement to travel regularly
- Ability to work early mornings and late nights
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Additional pandemic-related benefits:
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Classpass discount
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Starting salary for this role is $53,000 - $58,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.