Associate Product Manager
Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning news content in an audience-first format. We're hiring an Associate Product Manager to join our growing product team!
Why it matters: As an Associate Product Manager, this person will collaborate with engineers, analysts, journalists, business partners, and other Product Managers to drive forward initiatives that deliver on Axios’ mission. This Associate Product Manager will focus on audience and engagement across all of Axios’s products, including our website, app, and newsletters. This includes building features and developing audience strategies that positively impact opportunities for reader loyalty and retention, such as items related to seo/acquisition, user journeys, and recirculation.
Go deeper: This person will play a key role across teams and stakeholders to align priorities, while making sure we’re investing in what matters. In this role, you will make an impact on Axios through the following responsibilities:
- Managing product backlogs and maintaining roadmaps for business critical initiatives
- Collaborating cross-functionally and across the business to make certain that priorities, data, communication, and input are all clear and understood
- Developing and executing strategies, in partnership with business and tech leaders, for the purpose of increased conversion, revenue, and engagement
- Providing stakeholders with regular updates and partnering with technical leadership, design, to support your squad at stakeholder meetings
- Gathering feedback on products in use to determine improvements and future iterations
- Being keenly aware of key performance metrics, reporting needs, business goals, dependencies, and timelines
- Ensuring all tickets are fully defined and ready for engineering, in advance of the appropriate grooming or planning session
The details: Ideal candidate should have an entrepreneurial spirit, be highly collaborative, exhibit a passion for building media products, and have the following qualifications:
- Experience working within a software development organization, with keen understanding of agile software development practices
- Familiarity in writing product specifications/tickets in Jira, or similar ticket-tracking tool
- An analytical approach and experience working with analytics, performance, and/or reporting tools;
- Preferred experience with functional testing, writing, and prioritization of bugs
- Attention to UX and a user-first mentality, with the ability to balance product delivery needs with more strategic thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and the discipline to dig beyond the surface layer of anything
- Understanding of programming (any language), caching, and how websites work
- A passion for solving problems and a strong belief in the Axios mission
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- Annual learning and development stipend
Base salary for this role is in the range of $83,000 - $93,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills. This range does not include other compensation benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.