Senior Associate, Total Rewards & Operations
Quick take: Axios is a growth-stage media company dedicated to providing trustworthy, award-winning content in an audience-first format. We are looking for an experienced Total Rewards professional who can take ownership of the day-to-day operations of the Total Rewards function as well as provide support to the People Operations team as a whole.
Why it matters: The People Team at Axios is organized into three groups: People Operations, Talent Management, and Talent Acquisition. The People Operations group encompasses employee experience, total rewards, and compliance and plays a pivotal role in supporting all Axions.
Go deeper: Responsibilities include:
- Assist in implementation of total rewards programs and strategies across the company
- Develop periodic total rewards newsletters to provide updates to employees using Axios’ Smart Brevity style
- Field and answer questions from Axios employees regarding employee benefits, compensation, and other people operations questions
- Help drive the annual rewards cycle, including merit, promotion reviews, and benefits open enrollment
- Design training for managers to promote understanding and the ability to communicate rewards strategies and processes
- Work collaboratively with Talent Acquisition to develop competitive total reward packages for candidates
- Responsible for administering, processing and maintaining leave information in accordance with FMLA, state leave laws, and internal leave policies
- Support the People Operations team with other tasks as needed
The details: This position requires the following:
- 3+ years of HR experience, with a preference for total rewards experience
- Familiarity with HRIS systems and other technologies/tools related to compensation, benefits administration, and leave management
- Understanding of monetary rewards and non-monetary recognition as methods to promote employee engagement and retention
- Excellent communication, influencing, and partnership skills
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to communicate both qualitative and quantitative data effectively
- Initiative, resilience, precision, and flexibility amidst a high volume of time-sensitive requests and projects
- Experience administering benefits plans and navigating complex employee benefits
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, and diverse work culture
- One mental health day per quarter
- $100 monthly work-from-home stipend
- Tele-health mental health services
- OneMedical membership, including tele-health services
- Increased work flexibility for parents and caretakers
- Access to the Axios “Family Fund”, which was created to allow employees to request financial support when facing financial hardship or emergencies
- Virtual company-sponsored social events
Base salary for this role is in the range of $70,000-$80,000 and is dependent on numerous factors, including but not limited to location, work experience, and skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
Axios is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, age, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Axios makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.