Global Sr. Director of Growth
At Acorns we look after the financial best interest of the up-and-coming. We are innovators. We make bold decisions. We stay curious, inspiring one another to push past all previous thresholds of possibility. We are one team and are building a diverse community of team members, partners, and customers from all walks of life to foster creativity, challenge conventional thinking, and put the tools of wealth-making in everyone’s hands.
We are looking for missionaries who are rooted in purpose, to join our team. We can achieve our goals if we are a team of missionaries working toward a shared purpose and mission.
Our mission? With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering, proud step of micro-investing.
How do we accomplish our mission? Our values.
Lead With Heart
With compassion, integrity, and tenacity, inspire yourself and others to move past all previous thresholds of possibility
Make Bold DecisionsWe are creating a new world. Be optimistic, adventurous, and courageous. Leap fearlessly into the future
Always Build Trust
Say what you mean, mean what you say, and do what you say you’re going to do. We are all owners. We are one team
Never Stop Growing
Change IS the constant. Stay hungry and curious. Be relentless in the pursuit of progress
Find a way
Never settle, no excuses, nothing is impossible. Just make it happen
Our values guide us, and our mission drives us.
Come join us and help deliver financial wellness for the whole family, creating compound growth at every life stage.
Global Senior Director of Growth | Acorns
Acorns is seeking a Global Senior Director/ VP of Growth to spearhead and define our global growth strategy for Acorns and GoHenry across the US and UK. You will own and drive customer acquisitions across existing and new channels including paid media, referrals, and affiliates, while also helping drive retention through strategic campaigns, funnel experiments, and the rollout of new features.
This person should have deep empathy for our customers, the ability to deliver a compelling vision and inspire internal & external partners, a mastery of global go-to-market strategy, an unwavering work ethic, and a proven track record of surpassing business goals.
This role will report to the Global SVP of Marketing and has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine, CA or New York, NY offices.
Within 1 months, you will
- Introduce yourself to the growth team members, the stakeholders, and collaborators
- Get familiar with the channels, tools, metrics, and past campaign results
- Meet with business leaders and teams across the organization to understand how Acorns works
- Hit the ground running by leading Acorns media, referral and affiliate programs
- Complete Acorns’ best-in-class onboarding, Acorns’ Seedling Program
- Join a virtual coffee session hosted by Acorns’ CEO, Noah Kerner
- Attend your first community-wide virtual all-hands meeting
Within 3 months, you will:
- Significantly improve current campaign / channel efficiency through testing and optimization
- Build and maintain a backlog of hypothesis-driven experiments
- Establish a streamlined process to partner with cross-functional partners on media, referral, and affiliate programs
- Explore at least 3 optimizations either through creative, data, or strategy to increase volume while meeting our CAC goals
- Partner with data analytics to continuously improve reporting and automation to further improve efficiency and drive volumes
- Define a strategic roadmap to accelerate growth for Acorns across existing and new channels
- Lead and manage a high-performing team of growth marketers, fostering collaboration and development
- Review your 30-60-90 day goals and accomplishments with your manager
- Engage in Acorn’s Community & Heritage celebrations
- Receive operational updates from our GoHenry & PixPay team members during Acorns’ quarterly global virtual all-hands session
Within 6 months, you will:
- Become a leader in strategy & execution for media, referral, and affiliate marketing
- Consistently deliver and exceed ambitious performance goals on time and on budget
- Own a high-performing growth program combining data-driven experimentation, deep customer understanding, and a high level of creativity
- Establish the foundations of a strong organic growth channel for Acorns across our website and app stores
- Ensure that brand messaging and identity are reflected across the entire customer journey
- Participate in peer-to-peer manager training as a part of Acorns’ Leadership Development Program
- Complete a Performance Development Check-in to Align on Performance and Values Rating Trends
What you will bring to Acorns:
- BA / BS degree. Focus in marketing or quantitative discipline (Statistics, Business, Economics) preferred
- 10+ years of direct experience with at least two of the following: media, referral, affiliate
- A minimum of 4 years of people management experience
- Demonstrated experience motivating, supporting, and developing team members to meet performance expectations, and build their careers
- Ability to align company vision and organizational goals with team execution
- Results-driven professional with a mindset of relentless experimentation across existing channels while constantly finding and growing new acquisition channels
- Experience working cross-functionally with analytics, data science, creative, and product to drive growth KPIs
- Strong proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets (pivot tables, vlookups, basic modeling). SQL experience a plus
- Commitment to upholding policy and procedures in accordance with company standards
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionate about Acorns' mission, vision, and values, please apply.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible work hours, location, and paid time off
- 401k discretionary match
- Monthly Acorns account contribution & GoHenry account for your family
- Wellness Days - Company-wide quarterly days off to rest + recharge
- Mindfulness, Mental Health, and Financial Wellness resources: Headspace, Ginger, and Addition Wealth are offered at no cost to you
- Acorns Career Development Program (Monthly Acorns to Oaks training sessions, development plans, quarterly development check-ins, Cornerstone’s online training platform)
- Roots Leadership Program for emerging leaders
- Monthly community celebrations, events, panel discussions, and speakers
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission, and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is how everyday consumers save & invest for the long term. To date, customers have invested over $15 billion with Acorns, much of it in spare change. By putting the tools of wealth-making in everyone's hands, Acorns has become the largest subscription service in U.S. consumer finance, serving over 10 million everyday Americans. Customers get automated investing in diversified portfolios, a simple retirement product, a bank account that helps people spend less to invest more, and bonus investments from 20k brands. Plus, everyday Americans can easily invest in their kids and get money news they can use, all from the same app. From acorns, mighty oaks do grow!
Commitment to a diverse community:
Acorns is committed to building a diverse community of customers, partners, and team members. We believe that fostering diversity not only fuels creativity, but also challenges conventional thinking and helps us properly represent the unique experience of the everyday consumer that we serve.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $200,000 and $250,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, equity grants, and discretionary cash bonus awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.