Community Outreach Manager
Community Outreach Manager | Acorns
Acorns is seeking a Community Outreach Manager
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine, CA or New York, NY offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision, and values, please apply.
- Outreach and Engagement
- Create, plan, organize and direct overall strategy and operations of Community Outreach program.
- Identify, connect with, and engage family and parent groups at the local and regional levels in-person and online. Develop and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders within these groups.
- Community Network Building:
- Cultivate a strong community network by organizing events, meetings, and collaborative initiatives to connect Acorns with parent and family organizations.
- Develop and execute a local and regional partnerships strategy to facilitate partnerships and alliances that support community growth and family financial education efforts.
- Partner with the marketing and communications team on community-related storytelling opportunities
- Customer Growth:
- Identify opportunities to integrate community engagement and business growth efforts, partnering with appropriate business units to execute
- Oversee day-to-day operations for Community outreach including workflow, documentation, and objectives
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for partnership integration that drive growth.
- Data Analysis and Reporting:
- Establish and track key metrics related to community-building efforts, outreach, engagement, and conversion rates.
- Generate regular reports, providing insights and recommendations for enhancing outreach strategies; Make data-driven recommendations for optimizing outreach strategies.
- 5+ years of work in Community relations with strong intercultural competencies
- Ability to travel regularly as needed
- Experience managing local and regional community partnerships
- Purpose and values-driven who has a passion for community, financial education and leveling the playing field
- Ability to lead change, work cross functionally with flexibility
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills with the ability to motivate and inspire others
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible work hours, location, and paid time off
- 401k discretionary match
- Monthly Acorns account contribution & GoHenry account for your family
- Wellness Days - Company wide quarterly days off to rest + recharge
- Mindfulness, Mental Health, and Financial Wellness resources: Headspace, Ginger, and Addition Wealth are offered at no cost to you
- Acorns Career Development Program (Monthly Acorns to Oaks training sessions, development plans, quarterly development check-ins, Cornerstone’s online training platform)
- Roots Leadership Program for emerging leaders
- Monthly community celebrations, events, panel discussions, and speakers
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission, and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is how everyday consumers save & invest for the long term. To date, customers have invested over $19 billion with Acorns, much of it in spare change. By putting the tools of wealth-making in everyone's hands, Acorns has become the largest subscription service in U.S. consumer finance, serving over 10 million everyday Americans. Customers get automated investing in diversified portfolios, a simple retirement product, a bank account that helps people spend less to invest more, and bonus investments from 20k brands. Plus, everyday Americans can easily invest in their kids and get money news they can use, all from the same app. From acorns, mighty oaks do grow!
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to a diverse community:
Acorns is committed to building a diverse community of customers, partners, and team members. We believe that fostering diversity not only fuels creativity but also challenges conventional thinking and helps us properly represent the unique experience of the everyday consumer that we serve.
- Lead With Heart
- Make Bold Decisions
- Always Build Trust
- Never Stop Growing
- Find a Way
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $129,436 and $155,323/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, equity grants, and discretionary cash bonus awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.