Compliance Officer | Acorns
Acorns is seeking a Compliance Officer to assist in all aspects of the compliance program. This Compliance Officer will report directly to the Director of Compliance and carry out Acorns’ culture of compliance by enhancing the company’s compliance program, maintaining policies and procedures, analyzing regulatory changes, providing credible risk-based regulatory advice, and developing a close relationship with compliance’s business partners throughout the organization.
Specifically, this role will be responsible for reviewing communications with the public and marketing materials to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines. This role will be responsible for creating and managing marketing and advertising guidance; drafting internal department communications; providing training on regulatory updates and guidance; maintaining relevant records and supporting documentation; and developing a close relationship with content creators, product development teams, and all compliance partners. Additionally, this role will assist with other aspects of compliance including customer complaint reviews, overall recordkeeping, audits and examinations, and compliance system management.
With limited supervision, this role handles routine to moderately complex issues and combines analysis, wisdom, and experience to arrive at sound conclusions and recommendations. Additionally, this role works with department leadership, takes initiative to handle challenging issues and situations, as well as making thorough recommendations and actionable plans to improve internal and external compliance processes.
This role has the option to be remote or based in our Irvine, CA or New York, NY offices.
You are not expected to have experience with all listed requirements. If you feel passionately about Acorns' mission, vision and values, please apply.
Within 1 month, you will:
- Review customer communications and marketing, which include materials such as CRMs, web and social media posts, articles, and interviews
- Conduct regular interactions with key business partners and become familiar with major marketing campaigns and product development processes
- Assist with customer complaint record-keeping, reviews, and responses
Within 3 months, you will:
- Manage third-party marketing review system, including documentation, retention, and system access and controls
- Review and advise on new product initiatives and current product developments
- Review and advise on in-app and web-based developments
- Perform other compliance responsibilities, as assigned
Within 6 months, you will:
- Review, test, and update marketing compliance policies and procedures
- Prepare and deliver guidance and educational training sessions to various departments within the company
- Scope, develop, and deliver scalable frameworks, roadmaps, and metrics
- Efficiently manage day-to-day compliance responsibilities to meet multiple deadlines and help support key strategic initiatives around operational efficiency
- Provide support during regulatory exams and similar inquiries
- Work with the entire department to ensure that appropriate regulatory processes and controls are established and documented within the areas of responsibility.
What you will bring to Acorns:
- 5+ years experience with a financial services company
- Bachelor’s degree
- SIE, Series 7, 24, 63 and 65 (or 66)
- In-depth knowledge of FINRA Rule 2210 and the SEC’s Marketing Rule
- Experience applying regulations to innovative marketing and technology platforms
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Familiarity with marketing review systems and ability to enhance controls and optimize processes
- Knowledge of various social media outlets and electronic communications
- Solution-focused and risk-based approach to problem-solving
- Detail-oriented ability to work with multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team environment and under tight deadlines
- Thirst for delivering game-changing products
- Exceptional drive and precision in delivery
- A belief that your work is tied to your life's mission
- Optimistic about the potential of societal change
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and stock options
- A comprehensive benefits package to meet the needs of you and your family
- Flexible paid time off
- Numerous career possibilities that allow you to grow with Acorns
- Talented and motivated team members who care deeply about one another, our mission and our customers.
- The rare opportunity to create a new world. We inspire one another every day to do meaningful work that solves big societal challenges.
Acorns is how everyday consumers save & invest for the long term. To date, customers have invested over $15 billion with Acorns, much of it in spare change. By putting the tools of wealth-making in everyone's hands, Acorns has become the largest subscription service in U.S. consumer finance, serving over 10 million everyday Americans. Customers get automated investing in diversified portfolios, a simple retirement product, a bank account that helps people spend less to invest more, and bonus investments from 20k brands. Plus, everyday Americans can easily invest in their kids and get money news they can use, all from the same app. From acorns, mighty oaks do grow!
With benevolence and courage, we look after the financial best interests of the up-and-coming; beginning with the empowering step of micro-investing.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Acorns believes diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental obligations that strengthen our team. We need a diverse, multi-disciplinary team to build a meaningful company and culture.
- Lead with heart
- Make bold decisions
- Always build trust
- Never stop growing
- Find a way
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $83,000 and $103,500 /year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, equity grants, and discretionary cash bonus awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment.
If hired, employees will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Something looks off?