NewsCred is the world’s leading content marketing platform. We’re powering marketing technology for the future – helping brands transform the way they connect with people, build brand love, and win more customers. Our cutting-edge technology enables top brands such as Pepsi, Pfizer, Dell, Diageo, and Spotify to create amazing content experiences with simplicity, speed, and global scale.
Every day, across three offices, more than 200 brilliant people come to work at NewsCred, and commit their talents, passions, time, and energy to shape the future of an industry. We love working with incredibly talented people. We love helping our clients win. We love inventing new products. We love being trailblazers in a new category. And we are proud of the fact that each year we pay millions of dollars to help inspire and employ the next generation of great journalists, artists, and creators.
We're not making small changes; we're building technology to completely rethink how people create, consume, and share their stories with the world.
Learn more at newscred.com and follow us on Twitter @newscred
The financial services vertical (banks, insurance, investments) is one of NewsCred’s most successful and key areas. The appetite for content marketing in this vertical has proven to be the strongest, and we are doubling down our efforts to corner the market.
We’re seeking a Sales Director (Senior Sales Executive) in New York City to call on the country's top brands in the financial services space. The Senior Sales Executive role focuses on prospecting, building, selling, and upselling seven existing clients and hunting for new business. You will be in charge of your own business, but have the immense support of SDRs, sales engineers, pre-sales editors and more. The support network will allow you to focus on new business.
You will build and maintain solid long-term relationships with your clients and have a reputation for being the go-to contact for content marketing. Your main responsibility will be to consult on how our software, premium content, and best-in-class strategy & professional services can deeply impact the client through increase audience engagement, thought leadership, and acquisition.
Your door-opening track record proves your approach to sales is disciplined and consultative, and that you have a unique ability to navigate your way through even the most complex companies to win over senior-level decision makers.
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial spirit with deep passion for business impact through marketing, extremely motivated, driven, and will grow revenue through new business opportunities.
• Clear understanding of NewsCred’s platform, sales process and related products/solutions
• Develop executive level relationships with clients and partners to advance individual opportunities and client relationships.
• Able to develop new business and manage a complex sales cycle, from generating leads to closing deals
• Work closely with other departments including Marketing, Product, Client Services, and Legal to maximize opportunities and productivity for the Sales Team.
• Monitor and track client concerns, questions, and product customization requests
• Capable of leveraging your relationships and your knowledge of the territory in which you are selling
• Consult with senior management to resolve client issues and ensure timely deliverables
• Highly motivated professional with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, willing to both prospect constantly and manage a developed book of business
• 6+ years selling integrated marketing solutions (associated enterprise software sales preferred) to Business-to-Business organizations, including an associated rolodex of appropriate contacts
• Strong history of meeting and exceeding quarterly sales quota as an individual contributor
• Track record of operating in, and successfully owning, a prescriptive team sales process
• Creative, strategic thinker with experience in building long-term partnerships with Fortune 1000 companies
• Experience selling applications packaged at $500,000+
• Highly collaborative, value-driven and honest approach to delivering customer success
• Experience and familiarity with social media marketing
• Detail oriented with strong time management skills
• Ability and willingness to travel
What we can offer you!
Best in class compensation plans
Happy Hour Thursdays
Lunch and Learns
Chair Massage Discount to Walk-In Back rub
Chosen as one of Crain’s Best Places to Work in 2014